Sunday, November 20, 2005

Apple Cup 2005

It was a tough day for the Dawgs…a sad defeat. All that being said, the Apple Cup spirit was running strong in Australia…Mark and I made a bet on the game, I will be cleaning the new car in my Bikini later this week (thank goodness I am in Australia and it’s actually warm outside). Upon arrival at work this morning my cube was decorate in Coug colors with streamers and balloons thanks to my cube-mate an Aussie who apparently has decided to become a Coug fan (as of today, I am working on changing this). One of the joys of Mark and I working in the same building on the same floor is that he got to see this sight in person and laugh out loud. The cube decorating didn’t stop there…my old rival in Seattle, Colin White, was treated to some good old fashioned Husky décor courtesy of yours truly all the way from Australia. Australians take their sport seriously, I might not understand all of the sports here (netball, rugby league, rugby union, aussie rules football, field hockey…the list goes on) but I am taking my sport seriously. – You’re never too far away to be a Husky Fan - kel

2 comments:

Wiwille said...

Mark is a genius of the highest order for making that bet. He should...okay I'll stop now.

Mark & Kelly said...

Christy, Christy Christy - it is so hard to leave the past behind. There is a new world order in Apple Cup football - Mark