Monday, April 03, 2006

10 foods it's hard to live without...

On more than one trip to the grocery store I have found myself staring at a shelf in pure and total confusion. One recipe has turned out disastrous due to differences in ingredients and I have asked complete strangers in more than one grocery isle for help in identifying such items as jello, graham crackers, flank steak and marshmallows. In the sprit of top 10 lists, here are the top 10 foods I am finding it hard to live without.
1. Corn Tortilla Shells
2. Marshmallows – they have them here but they are very different and all minty-ish flavored.
3. Graham Crackers
4. Wriggles Double Mint Gum
5. Butterscotch Chips – a key ingredient to Nordy Bars (If I can’t shop at Nordstrom at least I could have eaten their famous brownies)
6. Black beans
7. Super fine white sugar
8. Spoon sized Frosted Mini Wheats
9. Flank Steak – Apparently cows in Australia don’t have flanks.
10. Crisco – essential ingredient in pies and biscuits!

On the flip side, the fruit, yogurt and ice cream in Australia are much better than anything I’ve ever had in the US. We are off to Melbourne this weekend, where I will be stopping by the USA food store, to stock up on the above! - kel

No comments: