Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Super Seattle and My Favourite Seattleite

We are home sweet home, after travelling with Luca on a 14+ hour flying kangaroo home I was never so happy to see my bed! When thinking about this blog a few weeks ago, I was all set to out Mark’s crazy driving with the hand brake on, however he confessed himself below so instead here is my short take on the holiday. Our trip home was a whirlwind of shopping, eating, working and visiting friends and family. Super strange to be in Seattle on vaca, I didn’t feel like I was on holiday, but Seattle just doesn’t feel like home any more either. Luca was a great traveller (slept like a champ on the multiple plane rides), shopper and smiled on queue to all the right peeps at all the right times, thank goodness. I got my fill of pizza and Mexican, shopping at Nordies, baby Gap, Banana and of course the outlets. Thank you to everyone who made time to see us, especially to Tiff who reminded me regularly that she knows just how to push my buttons at all the right times in all the right places, what more could I ask for from a sister. She has told me I am not allowed to come to Seattle for another visit unless I acknowledge her as my favourite Seattleite, and it’s true this trip reminded me that even though I am now a mom, with Tiff I can still laugh until I cry when I hear her telling me the first joke she ever made up at age 4, Tiff will always be my favourite Seattleite, I just can’t wait for her to have babies so I can laugh while she changes dirty nappies…cheers kel

No comments: