Sunday, May 08, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Fabulous weather, beautiful kidos, the most amazing husband ever. Mothers day was perfect. Luca was particularly adorable, excited all week for Mothers day, and thrilled to bits that I liked the coffee cup he bought for me at the school's Mother's Day shop and that I wore the bangle he made me all day.


I feel like I joined a very special club today, I officially became one of the moms sporting the very, very obviously kid made jewelry on Mother's day. As seriously gaudy as the bangle is (bright purple with various butterfly stickers stuck on at random) I wore it with pride and was actually thinking I'll make a point of wearing it around him as much as possible, I loved it.


We had donuts, very yummy coffee, tons of cuddles, nachos, smoothies, a play in the park, and and adventure to Avalon. We bought a new painting (totally unexpected, but for those who have visited our house, the big blank wall will be blank no more!), played at the park and had a very yummy brisket for dinner. A wonderful Mother's day.


Here are a few pics, including my most favorite photo of my mom and I, not from today, taken in the spring if 1978. Happy Mother's day. -kel

No comments: