Sunday, March 19, 2006

Festival of the Fergo's Part I

I'll give credit where credit is due and acknowledge that I stole the title of the blog from my friend (& our wedding photographer) Sam Grimmer who has named the three events Kelly and I are hosting this week the "Festival of the Fergo's". Part I is the wedding rehearsal dinner that doesn't involve a rehearsal.

Rehearsal's are not the norm in Australia and our celebrant being as inflexible as he is with nearly everything (yes, there is more than a hint of dissatisifaction on our part), wouldn't entertain the idea. We decided to have a dinner in any case as a way for us to spend time with our international-interstate guests in what has been a hectic week. It was also a way of introducing the northern beaches to the people who have decided to camp in the city.

Kelly being a fan of the pizza has had us try out a number of different pizzeria's since we arrived in Australia and by far her favorite is a place called Tropical Italy in Manly... so we decided to have the rehearsal dinner there... great decision! They had erected a special canopy in the courtyard in case the weather turned bad and were generally on top of every request we had, the pizza was awesome (as usual) and more than one person doubled down on the gelato. The McWilliams wine flowed freely (thanks Dave) and everyone had a great time, especially my six year old nephew Corey who took the photos for the night. (The first photo is of my soon to be sister in-law Tiffany & the second is of our mum's).

At the end of the evening I sat enjoying a Makers Mark pondering my last 18 hrs as a single bloke!

Cheers.

No comments: