Thursday, October 13, 2005

Aussie Lingo Lesson #2

As my good friend Andrea said in a recent email to me, “they love their doubles”. When spelling my name (I seem to be doing this all the time with the mass quantities of forms I am having to complete for everything from health coverage to tax forms) I am confusing people by spelling my name as K-E-L-L-Y P-I-T-T, people are like huh? K-E-L what? They use the doubles for phone numbers too; really it’s anything with doubles, instead of saying a number or a letter twice most Aussies seem to say double. It is actually very convenient to use the doubles, I have become a user not only to avoid the whats and huhs, but it makes every spelling quite quick. I am beginning to think I should have moved to Sydney a long time ago, they spell my name like they are yelling a cheer and they have a shopping mall named after me, things could only get better from here…- K-E-double L-Y P-I-double T

No comments: