Sunday, October 23, 2005

You have to laugh, you'd cry your eyes out if you didn't


These are the things that have kept me giggling the last few weeks, through home sickness, and funky food…Australia is a funny place to live:
1. David Hasselfhof was a headliner on the Australian version of the Grammys.
2. People really say “Barbie” when talking about a BBQ
3. Knowing that I was from the US, out of the blue a co-worker, slowly explained to me in tons of detail what a BLT sandwich was. It wasn’t lunch time and I didn’t ask.
4. 1 out of every 3 times Mark hits the blinker to turn he hits the windshield wipers instead.
5. K-E-Double L-Y see Aussie Lingo Lesson #2
6. Public toilets have no seat covers, every time I use a public restroom it is a lesson in gymnastics.
7. Everyone swears tons, I am usually totally taken aback and surprised by the onslaught of very bad words used, but then when I repeat to Mark it’s hilarious. Passion and extremely prolific words are used to describe the most simple things.
8. Cory and Emily – Mark’s niece and nephew they tease Mark constantly and keep me laughing all the time. (pictured here with Mark)- kel

No comments: