Saturday, October 01, 2005

First Impressions


Today is day 5, and it has been a crazy 5 days. We got my bank account set up, finalized on a wedding site and reception location, looked at cars and houses, practiced driving on the other side, unpacked, un-jet lagged ourselves and enjoyed the lovely spring weather.

Sydney is a beautiful city, we are staying with Mark's parents in a Northern Beach Suburb called Cromer. We are looking at houses in suburbs all along the Northern Beaches, all of the houses are close to the beautiful long beaches. We've seen a few fixer-uppers we like, so look for updates soon on our next big project!

I am slowly getting used to hearing the Aussie speak, everything seems to be shortened into slang words. Pretty soon I am sure I'll be using them myself.

Here is a picture of me on Dee Why beach, enjoying the sun and the surf!

No comments: