Saturday, March 29, 2008

Les Deux Moulins

Today was a beautiful cold sunny day in Paris. I started my morning in Montmarte where I looked up at Basilique du Sacre-Ceour as I sipped my morning café latte. After walking to the top of Sacre-Ceour, I explored the Montmarte quarter most of the morning, stopping for coffe at Les Duex Moulins, the café where Amile was a waitress. The café was very hip, surprisingly not very touristy and had fantastic atmosphere. With the sun shining in the windows and the French pop playing in the background I felt like I could have been a customer in the movie. After a ham a cheese crepe I was off to explore Euproe’s largest market, Marche auz Puces de St-Ouen. The antiques were amazing, all much to big for me to take home! I then headed via the metro to the Opera house where I explored the side streets to Place de la Madeline, then down to the Rue De Rivoli, across from the Louve where I strolled for hours in and out of shops, cafés and little courtyards. It was a fantastic day, my feet were dead tired from hours and hours of walking, after an early dinner I was sound asleep by 8:30! Tomorrow the rain is expected to be back, I will be off to explore Maris! –kelly

2 comments:

Rick said...

Sounds like a great trip although maybe a little too much shopping for me.

Wiwille said...

I'm soooo jealous.