Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sprinkles, showers, downpours…

It rained all day yesterday, I experienced Paris in just about every kind of rain in a 12 hour period. I stayed pretty dry with my umbrella, hat, scarf and long coat however my feet were another story they were soaked! I stuck mostly to a few shopping areas I wanted to see including Le Bon Marche (a very famous department store), Le Epicurean (amazing grocery store) and the Rue de St. Germaine. I had a afternoon coffee at Café de Flore, a famous hangout of Hemingway and a light dinner of French onion soup (fantastic) at a café across from Notre Dame. While it did rain most of the day, at abut 6:30 PM the skies parted and I was able to capture a few great pictures of Les Invalides during a long evening stroll. Au revoir –kelly

No comments: