Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Hoff…

I simply can not understand the attraction. David Hasselhoff (or the Hoff as known in Australia) is a huge hit with the Aussies. Here are the links to two recent articles about him and his singing career in the Sydney Morning Herald. This is no trash mag, it is a very serious newspaper that I read almost every day…One of the articles even references Kit – the talking car from his seriously ancient sitcom Night Rider! Anyone a secret fan of the Hoff, just let me know, I’ll try to snag his autograph for you… -kel

http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/hoff-revved-up-to-record-classic-song/2005/12/10/1134086845003.html

http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertainment/carols-with-the-hoff/2005/12/17/1134703647640.html

3 comments:

Wiwille said...

When I was in Germany I was so upset that no German could explain to me why he is so big there. They all just shook their heads in shame.

Mark & Kelly said...

There is shame here too - I think he just imposes himeself on countries for a while. He's tough to shake loose.

Mark & Kelly said...

As Jono says the Hoff is a cultural icon just ask Dirk Nowitzki. This report from AP after game 4 of the 2006 NBA finals:
"Miami fans chanted "Da-vid Hassel-hoff" every time Nowitzki stepped to the line. Dallas' star sings "Looking For Freedom," before he shoots free throws. The song was a big hit -- in Germany -- when was Nowitzki was a kid. ..."