Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Seoul, Korea

Today is Day 1 in Seoul Korea. I am here on business at the Microsoft Korea office. Although I haven’t seen much other than the office, the hotel and the walk in between, it has been interesting. Those of you who remember my first trip to India a few years ago, will recall my many attempts to learn to flush the toilet in the office, again…here in Korea I met a toilet I had trouble flushing. The good news is the seats are heated, yes heated! It was the best toilet ever, totally clean, warm and full of fancy buttons, if I had a camera, I would have taken a picture! After pushing many buttons (when I say many I really mean every single one), slight panic began to set in when none of them were actually flushing, then I realized on the other side of the fancy buttons was a good old fashioned flusher just like at home. Disaster avoided and new found respect for Korean toilets still intact.

It’s very cold here, about 32 degrees, snow and ice on the ground. Mark and I have yet to receive our container from America, so I had to borrow a jacket from Mark’s sister so I didn’t freeze. The city is very crowded, it’s the 5th largest city in the world (10.3 million people living in 36sq KM), all of the people I have met have been very hospitable, warm and friendly. We have a very full schedule for the two days we are here, unfortunately I don’t think I will have much time to get out and see the city or do any shopping. Maybe on my next visit… -kel

No comments: